18 June 2016

If I Could Only Own Five Eyeshadows

When it comes to doing my make up everyday I always use the same foundation, the same concealers, the same powders and although I love applying it, it doesn't feel particularly creative. Now, I know some people love buying and trying all the lipsticks under the sun, but for me it's eyeshadow. I have enough eyeshadow to sink a small ship and paint a medium-sized country in a technicolor haze. So when asked by a friend if I could only five eyeshadows what would those be? I really had to scour my collection and think about it. It wasn't easy, and although I think that my choices are probably a bit boring they're some of my favourites and are really quite practical.


Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Sin | Sin is always the shade to disappear first in my Naked palette (yes, i've owned more than one) so I decided to buy it in a single eyeshadow so I always have it on hand. It's just such a versatile shade that I honestly could not be without. My favourite way to wear it is all over the lid with a darker brown in the crease, something like Hustle also from the Naked palette and it also looks lovely paired with Toasted from the palette too. It's a gorgeous pink-toned, champagne shimmer that is just so flattering on so many skin tones and can be used in so many ways.

Cargo Cosmetics Single Eyeshadow in Yukon | I have had this colour for so long, but it's one of those shades that I always come back to. Yukon is such an unusual colour because it's base is a purple, which you might be able to tell is one of my favourites for the eyes, but it has this amazing silvery, pinky duo-chrome running through it that makes it so special. On the lids it's so easy to wash all over and look like you've made an effort but actually, you really haven't.

By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Misty Rock | This is an absolute repeat offender for me, and one that I get lots of compliments on when I wear it for work. This is another one of those products that is so easy but makes it look like you've made a serious effort. The Ombre Blackstars are some of the creamiest eyeshadows that i've ever worked with, but in the best way possible. They're super easy to blend but once set into place don't budge all day. My favourite way to wear this one is to smudge it roughly all over the lid and then blend it out with a fluffy brush, making sure to use a clean one to blend it into the crease and above. Misty Rock is my favourite colour of all time, it's a beautiful grey toned shimmery purple that is packed with silver glitter running through it. It looks amazing on it's own but also really pops if you smoke some dark grey or black through the crease for a real, classic smokey eye.

Burberry Eye Colour Silk in Rosewood 202 | This one is a real classic from my collection and actually one that I think is quite hard to get hold of these days, but it's another that i come back to time and time again. Rosewood is a beautiful, soft rosy brown shade that is absolutely perfect for washing all over the lid. The texture of these eyeshadows is so buttery and easy to blend, making it perfect alone or paired with something else.

L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Mono Eyeshadow in Cafe St Germain | This is a shade that I think is really under appreciated. There are so many eyeshadows in the world of beauty that it would be easy to overlook this one but i'm really happy that I found this in a 3 for 2 episode. This one, similarly to the rest, is a purple-toned grey colour absolutely packed with shimmer which is probably something else you've noticed that I love. These shadows really are the epitome of buttery, they're so workable that when applying they almost feel like a cream. They're beautiful to blend but this shade is amazing just all over the lid, blended out too.


Lastly, I have two runners-up. When it comes to eyeshadows, like i've said, I just adore them and picking just five was really quite hard. So, these two have been picked for specific reasons unlike the ones i've shared with you above.

Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Last Call | Last Call is an intensely pigmented pink-toned, cranberry, burgundy colour that is absolutely to die for. Other than purple, my favourite shade to rock on my eyelids in cranberry and even more so in a smokey eye which is exactly how I love to wear this. We all know how beautiful, buttery and blendable the Urban Decay eyeshadows are so I won't bang on about that but these is amazing for working in with other shades. My absolute favourite combo is wearing Urban Decay's Sin all over the lid and then, using a pencil brush, pop this in the outer V; in the crease, round the outer eyelid and bringing it down onto the bottom lash line too and smoking it out. It looks effortless but really put together, and also really different too.

Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow in Space Cowboy | Although an eyeshadow and one that could be worn alone, I choose not to. This is my favourite finishing touch to any eye look, whether i've just popped a light brown matte shade all over the lid, or applied an extensive smokey eye adding just a touch on Space Cowboy completes them all. It's basically just complete champagne glitter, that has no base colour but is just thousands upon thousands of glitter pieces packed together. If you're ever near an Urban Decay counter go and swatch this, although it doesn't do it justice until you've got it on the lid. Everyone needs to own this, to jazz up any look.

So, that is what I would have if I could only keep five eyeshadows, well seven but we just won't talk about that. Is there anything i'm missing? What would you keep, if you could only keep five?

K|xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Made By pipdig