4 June 2016

Current Perfume Collection: Only Three?


Up until about a year ago, probably, I was obsessed with fragrances. I had a whole collection of them but really only used about two of them religiously. I was running out of room and honestly, just came to the realisation one that it was obscene for one person to have so many perfumes and I just simply didn't need them all - we'll call it my scent epiphany. Anyway, I decided that rather than being wasteful I would slowly use all of them up; I took them to work with me and used them during the day, basically did everything to use them up as quickly as possible.

I told myself that if i could use them all up by my birthday, which is April 3rd, I could treat myself to a new perfume that would become apart of my new capsule collection. Luckily, I stuck to it and did in fact use them all by my birthday. That is when my latest addition came to be, and there we shall start.

Dolce by Dolce & Gabanna is a typical 'me' scent. Although it's unlike the other two, there is something that I am very drawn to and I actually often use it over what i would consider my signature scent. It's a floral number, with it's heart notes being White Amaryllis, White Daffodil and White Water Lily but it's nothing too sweet, or girly, with Cashmeran, Musk and Sandalwood at it's base. I think it's a very clean scent, nothing too over powering but it has great staying power as I can smell it on myself long after I spray and it people compliment me on it all throughout the day. Of course, I do like to top up when I can - as you do when you find a fragrance that you love. I'm actually saving up my Boots points to purchase it's sister scent, called Dolce Rosa Excelsa by Dolce & Gabanna. I know, I know I just spoke about having a capsule scent collection but when I was trying to decide between them it was only by a whisker that I purchased the original Dolce. It's notes are almost identical to Dolce but with the addition of African Dog Rose and Turkish Rose. It's very unlike me as I am not normally a Rose scent kind of gal, but the nose likes what the nose likes.

My second Dolce & Gabanna scent is Light Blue which I ended up loving thanks to some of the girls at work. They wore it a lot during the day and I fell in love with it! I think this smells super lemony, and it does contain Lemon in it's top notes, but many people disagree with me. This one is my most clean smelling perfume, it's so simple and fresh which is why this is the one that comes in my work bag with me. Bamboo, Jasmine and White Rose are at it's heart, with Apple, Lemon and Cedar as it's top notes. Again, however, it still has those musky base notes that keep it from being too sweet or too girly, for me.

Lastly is what I consider to be my signature scent, which just happens to be Daisy by Marc Jacobs. I have been repurchasing this one for years and I always, always go back to it. Notes-wise it's the simplest of my three choices, with just Violet at it's heart, Wild Strawberries at the top and White Woods Accord at the base. Again, it's really fresh and clean which is obviously what I look for in a scent. I would say, although the notes don't really agree, that this is my most floral choice. It's also probably the sweetest, but it is not at all too sweet as those sort of scents give me a headache. Either way, this particular fragrance has many warm memories linked to it and I think that is one of my favourite things about scents.

It's so lovely making so many new memories with my new choices, and I love that scent has such an effect on people - as does things like music or items of clothing. It's very nostalgic which I think in the age of social media, taking pictures of everything and rarely living in the moment that is quite a lovely thing.


K|xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Made By pipdig