16 January 2016

New Year Lip Wardrobe


I thought i'd share with you my lip wardrobe for the new year, as i didn't really share my festive lip wears this year. I rarely get to wear lipstick these days as i just don't get the time to reapply in my current job and there's just something about the air that melts all make up off, so you end up with that annoying line of lipstick around the edge of your lips. Hopefully, soon, i'll be getting a job which means i can actually wear lipstick to work!

Especially as our 'Winter' has only just about started, i'm sticking with the berry tones this new year. My go-to shades are classic purple-toned berries, pinky reds and deep, classic reds with a few pinks thrown in for good measure. I just don't really do nude lipstick as my pale complexion just doesn't really allow it, but i do enjoy wearing a creamy, light pink like the YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick in Rose Caresse.

My absolute favourite lip colour is the Mac lipstick in Rebel which i love for evenings out and daytime too if i dare to wear. A real luxury, however, is the Burberry Kisses Lipstick in Bright Plum 101 which is similar in shade, as you can kind of see above, but it's not as matte - the mac offering is a satin finish - it has a bit more gloss and it's not quite as deep, but is a really special product.

When it comes to red, i'm lusting after Mac's lipstick called Mac Red which is a satin finish, my favourite, but for now i'm loving the retro Topshop's Lip Polish in Harness which i'm not even sure if they do anymore but it's really red, really moisturising and nice and glossy. When i'm not wearing the classics, however, i do enjoy a dirty, brick-red too. My most loved are Chanel's Rouge Coco Lipstick in Suzanne and Mac's Captive and Craving.

Considering it's looking like January and February are going to keep cold, i'm not complaining as it means i can really stretch out wearing my favourite berry lipstick shades while i can.


K|xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Made By pipdig