4 April 2015

Life Update: March 2015



Wow, so long time no speak? Write? Hear? I really did not intend for my hiatus to be quite so long. I fully intended to settle into my new job and be right back with you. Turns out, having a full time job as well as, you know, living life is actually quite demanding. So, anyway, enough of the excuses, i'm back in action and hopefully won't be going anywhere. 


So, where do i start? You can probably tell, if you haven't been around here for a while, that i've had  a bit of a face lift. It actually happened a good 6 months ago because, as i said, i didn't intend to be away for quite so long. The lovely Phil over at Pipdig helped me with the design i ended up with. If you head on over to their site, you'll see that they've got a range of pre-made blog designs that can installed onto your blog for a really great price. I chose the one i liked, but wanted to change the colour to something a little more me and for a little extra, he was happy to do that for me. He also installed it for me, edited a few bits here and there, and put up with me when i wanted the header changed again, and again, and again. Overall, i'm really happy with the outcome and it feels all the more me around here.


I always have been but since starting a job in a department store with a great beauty department and access to a lot of premium beauty brands, not to mention my obsession with beauty blogs, my love for beauty has just continued to grow. There's not much more i love then spending my salary on beauty products that i otherwise wouldn't be able to afford. It's a love and a passion now, and i love trying new looks as well as watching youtube videos and copying beauty tutorials to sharpen my skills - blending is my best friend. As you can see from the picture above my MAC lipstick collection has grown, and i'm trying new things that before i perhaps wouldn't have even tried. However at the moment, eyes are my thing. I love, love, love trying out new eye looks; trying new colours; playing with crease colours; and blending, blending, blending. 


So, as i keep saying i started a new job in June, working in a department store. You've probably heard of it if you live in the UK as we have 43 stores across country split into 31 department stores and 10 At Home stores, as well as shops at St. Pancreas and Heathrow Terminal 2. We also have 336 sister supermarkets across the UK too, and there's 90, 000 partners working across all of these as well as for our online presence, catalogue, production unit and a farm. If you haven't guessed it already, i'm currently a selling partner in women's fashion in a branch of John Lewis. I'm actually really proud to say that and although i knew a lot about the brand previously, i've grown to know and learn a lot about the business through my journey there and now i'm even prouder to be a partner, own a percentage of my business and also be an ambassador for what John Lewis stands for. Because we really do provide some brilliant customer service, even if i do say so myself. I'm beginning to consider my future, and hope to stay in the business for as long as i can and continue to grow and learn in my roll. I love working in fashion everyday, and literally watch the latest trends hit the High Street as well as see what consumers love and spend their hard earned cash on. I've learnt so much and look forward to continuing my journey there. I've met so many lovely people and can honestly say i love the people i work with. I've been very lucky with my team, and have made some firm friends too.


So, that's what i've been up to - what about you? How are you all? I haven't been completely out of the loop, i've been continuing to read blogs and keep up on social media. So i have been around, trust me!

I really have missed writing, but with a full time job i'm not going to be able to post as often as i was before. So, this is what i'm proposing: I'm going to begin with posting once a week, and i think i've decided on a Saturday. When i'm not working, i love catching up with my blogs on a Saturday so i think i'm going to post at 8am every Saturday. How does that sound? I You can expect plenty of updates, including: a current skincare routine, current makeup, updated make up collections and plenty of reviews, but this time around i really want to make things more personal. I'm hoping to post plenty of chatty posts, as now i don't feel like everything has to be so perfect like it did before, as i was doing a journalism degree. I've learnt that blogging is just another piece of you, and i'm going to write as i want, about what i want and when i want. It's refreshing realising that, you know, you can only be yourself. I know i'm a tiny fish in a huge pond, but i don't feel like i have to compete any more. I'm doing this for myself and for anyone else who'd like to have a read.

And did i mention yesterday was my 23rd Birthday today? Happy Birthday to me! Oh, and Happy Easter while i'm at it too!

See you soon friends,

K|xo

1 comment:

  1. I was so happy to see this post in my bloglovin feed, I've really missed your posts :) It's so lovely to hear you so happy and grounded, massive congratulations on your job it sounds amazing and I can tell how much you love it from how you've written this post :) Happy birthday for yesterday too! Have a lovely easter and I'll look forward to your future posts <3
    Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Made By pipdig