11 April 2015

Current Favourites: April 2015

Well, at least i'm sticking to my plan, so far! I thought that seeing as i've been gone so long, i'd kick things off with a current favourites post. Since the last time we spoke a lot of things have changed in my skincare and make up favourites. I've been trying a lot of new things, getting out of my comfort zone as well as road testing products that have become firm favourites in my every day routine. So, here are just a few products that collectively represent the last couple of months.


First up is my new favourite over-night lip product. For me, this acts as a lip mask. I apply it as my last step at night, before i go to sleep, and when i wake up in the morning my lips are super soft and no longer sore or dry. I find that working in a department store, there's weird air in there. Air-conditioning mixed with the stagnant air, and no circulation, makes for dry lips. I have to say that when i travel to America this Summer, i'd love to get my hands on the Bite Agave Lip Mask as i hear really good things about it, but for now this is doing really great things. It smells delicious too, seriously like lemonade and it's got a little shimmer to it too, so you could wear it over something to add some glitter.

Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Flawless Wear Concealer: £21.50


So when my Make Up Forever Full Cover Concealer finally ran out after about, goodness, i can't even remember when i bought it. It was going strong but it finally came to an end and i wasn't visiting America to next Summer. I looked high and low online to buy it again, but got stuck at a dead end. So, it meant i needed to find myself something else. I visited every beauty counter at work looking for the perfect concealer, and couldn't decided. I wanted something mainly for under my eyes, but also something i could use on blemishes too. I got colour matched for Estee Lauder, went away, thought about it, and took the plunge. I'm so glad i did because i love this concealer. It's great coverage for under my eyes, and blemishes, it's not at all cakey like i'd heard from some reviews but it's creamy, blendable and easy to apply thanks to the doe foot applicator. It's not completely matte, but it's not dewy either. It's the perfect satin finish and not to mention the fact it looks super luxurious!

MUA Pro Base Eye Primer: £2.50


Now that i've really gotten into my eye looks, i thought it best to get back into doing things right, starting with an eyeshadow primer. I have actually bought the Urban Decay Primer Potion and haven't fallen in love. It's good, but i find it quite messy to apply and it dries really fast. What i love about the MUA version is that it's easy to apply, thanks to it's applicator, it's creamy and skin coloured, easy to blend it, it's not messy and takes about a minute to dry. It doesn't dry out my eyelids, and keeps my eyeshadow put all day long. I use this every day to keep my shadow in place for work, and at the end of the day there's no creasing or smudging to be seen. Plus, you get all this for £2.50!


Johnson's Baby Shampoo: £1.75


Before this i acquired this, i was buying specific brush shampoo. Until i really got into beauty blogs, make up and having a disposable income i just stuck with things i trusted to do the job, including the ELF brush shampoo that i had ordered online. It wasn't until i heard bloggers and vloggers talk about using this that i decided to give it a go. It's £1.75 for 300ml of product, and it leaves my make up brushes soft and super clean.


This is one of those products that you hear about time and time again, but i'd just never really got it. I didn't really understand what it was for or how it would fit in with my routine. It wasn't until this past Winter when the weather started getting cooler that i thought it about time i gave it a go. This product is truly amazing, i use it for all sorts of things: under my eyes, on my hands, around my nails, on my lips or even on slight burns when i have a mishap with the straighteners. It does so many things and last forever, it's one of those products that everyone should have on hand for those just-in-case moments. I bought the fragrance free for my sensitive skin and i've had absolutely no problems, even on my delicate under eye area. It's kept my skin soft and soothed over the entire Winter season, and i can now use it all year round too.


It wasn't until i started reading Caroline Hirons' blog that i decided i really needed to kick up my skincare routine. I decided i needed to change things up and take care of my skincare issues. Before, i was using the complete Clinique Anti-Blemish skincare system (that i never got to blog about) but once the weather started to change in about October, that became all too much for my skin. I needed to switch things up but i had no idea where to start, so i just didn't. My routine went completely out the window and my skin went to pot. Well, that kicked me up the bum and i started trying new things, to find what was best for me and now i have an eclectic routine that i'll get around to showing you. Something that i knew i wanted to add to my routine was an eye cream. I began with three different creams, tested them all and settled on using this one religiously first. It's really thick and i did read in some reviews that it might be too rich for sensitive or oily skin, which i had last Summer. However, i wanted to give it ago because it's so rich and creamy. It soaks in in seconds and, when it's really cold, paired with the Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream it's the dream duo. It's possibly not quite enough for the really cold weather, as my undereyes do seem to get a little sore when their really dry, but it's doing well so far.


I acquired this in about October as, again, i wanted to try new things and switch it up. This takes off every scrap of make up, including eyes, and leaves my skin feeling really soft and smooth. It doesn't at all irritate my eyes, which is great, but i do often get it in my eyes as i'm quite heavy handed and that does blur my eyes but doesn't at all irritate. Honestly, it gets off even the most stubborn eye make up, and i don't have to scrub just gently rub the lashes and skin in a circular motion. I honestly love it, and recommend it for people with all skin types.

I'm not actually sure how i came across this, but i bought it at work - honestly having discount on beauty products kills my bank balance - probably one day perusing the beauty department on my break. This was the first colour i bought of this formula and i fell in love. I now own three shades, and i just love them. This is probably my favourite colour too, and it's so easy to apply. It's so, so creamy and really beautifully shimmery. It shines in the light, and is one of those products that you just blend across the lid making you look like you've made an effort but actually you've barely done anything at all. This picture totally doesn't do it justice, but Alloy is a beautiful silver toned purple shine, packed with shimmer that shines in the light and glistens slightly green, pink, blue or lilac depending on the lighting. You can build the colour up, for example some times i blend a little more into the crease when it's 'set' and build up a slightly darker crease colour. When i say set, it's not at all drying but actually stays creamy but doesn't crease or were at all throughout the day.


One of my slightly larger recent purchases and actually this is the most recent, but i just had to add it in. I actually bought this at work during a price match event, with which i also get discount on top of - that's a story for another time - so it was a complete steal. Anyway, if you'd told me six months ago i'd be buying myself the Naked 3, a pink toned palette, i would have told you to shut up. However, in the interest of trying new things and, i think, growing and changing i actually fell in love with this palette. As with any Urban Decay eyeshadow the shadows are buttery, beautiful and so easy to work with. They're blendable and all work so beautifully together. I love the shade range here, you go from a beautiful shimmery, oyster highlight through beautiful light, mid and dark pinks, a rose gold, a mauve, a duochrome all the way through to a deep pinky brown and a dark grey/black with pink glitter flecks. It's beautiful and i'm very happy to have it in my collection.

So, there you have it - a few of my current favourite things. I'll be back soon with a skincare routine!


K|xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Made By pipdig