15 April 2015

By Terry Ombre Blackstar Vs Bourjois Colorband 2-in-1

Look at that, i'm on such a blogging roll that you've already got a mid-week post and this is a different type of post for me, as i don't usually do negative reviews on products. However, i was thinking that i don't know why people don't as i'd personally know whether a product is worth spending my money on, or not. Anyway, this is a bit of a Vs post as i tried an eye product that i really did not like, but i've got another one to show you that i've fallen in love with.


I bought these as i'd heard some good reviews from blogs, and on Youtube, and they were supposed to be a cheaper alternative to the product i'll be telling you about next. So, i bought two shades and then forgot about them for a week. I've recently really been enjoying cream cream eyeshadow products, however powder will always have my heart so i thought this would be a great, fairly cheap option for me to try. These are the Bourjois Colorband 2-in-1 Eyeshadow and Liner sticks, and they're just like the jumbo pencil products that were all the rage last year, just like the products that i love. You often see this style of product for lipsticks, so i thought it'd be great to try for eyes too. I bought mine in Boots, and they're about £6 so really reasonably priced.

However, little did i know that after wearing them for a few hours i'd want to rip my eyes off. Now, i can't be sure that i didn't have a reaction to these but bearing in mind i try a lot of eye products and have never had a reaction to anything before, i'm not so sure that i did. All i did was applied the product all over the lid and then blended it into the crease with a fluffy brush for an easy looks-like-you've-tried-hard-but-you-really-haven't kind of look. Well after approximately three hours my eyelids began to feel really tight and dry, and when i looked in the mirror they did like kind of tight and wrinkly like when your skin shrinks when it's dry. By lunchtime - to give some perspective, i applied this at around 6am before work - the corners of my eyes got really red, dry and eventually sore without me even touching them. They kind of felt burnt, and my eyelids felt really tight and uncomfortable. By the end of the day i was ready to get it off of my eyes, i couldn't take it any more, and when i removed it my eyes underneath were bright red. It took about a week for my eyes to go back to normal, and become less red and sore.

The actual product, although not super creamy, applied fairly nicely and i never would have suspected anything. It blended well into my crease and the colour was lovely - i used Rose Fauviste and never tried Mauve Baroque. I just could not wear it again after how it left my eyes the first time. Now, like i say it may just be me as i have seen people rave about them, and i do have somewhat sensitive skin but i have never had a reaction before. From my experience, i would tread with caution if you're desperate to try them but if not, don't waste your money on this and save up to splash on the next product i have to show you.


Now, these little beauties are my new found love. The By Terry Ombre Blackstars have been likened to the Bourjois Colourbands i previously spoke off, but in no way are these two products at all a like. As i said before, i've been really loving cream eyeshadows lately and these are like nothing else that i own. I first saw them spoken about on Youtube, by the likes of Lily Pebbles, and just knew i had to try them. They can be found in Space NK, in the UK, and i bought one in-store in the Covent Garden branch and one online. Since falling in love with these i've actually also fallen for Space NK too, and am now a member of the N.Dulge loyalty scheme. It's kind of like having a Boots card, earning points, and it can be used online or in-store. You earn one point for every £1 you spend and when you reach 100 points you gain £5 to spend in a branch or online.

What i feel like sets these apart from other cream eyeshadows, and stick products, is just how unbelievably creamy they are. They're just so easy to swipe all over the lid and blend in. I love wearing them on their own, first applied all over directly with the stick, then blended with a fluffy brush and up into the crease for a really easy everyday look. Misty Rock is my favourite, it's such a unique colour, somewhere between a bronze, taupe, purple shade. I apply this at around 6am and don't take it off until about 7pm, so it's on all day and put under a lot of strain in the shop - heating, air con, lack of air circulation as well as whatever my skin decides to do that day. Despite all of this it wears amazingly, no creasing or wearing throughout the day and i have tried this with both a primer underneath and on it's own, which makes no difference so it'd be great as a base of other shadows too. They're so comfortable to wear, and although the do somewhat set they're not at all drying and still keep they're intense shimmer, that i love.

Although these are a little pricey at £29 each, if you can afford to splash the cash or even just treat yourself i highly recommend it.


This is Misty Rock applied on it's own and blended into the crease with a fluffy brush, nothing else applied and nothing underneath. I do apologise for the horrendous shopping bags underneath my eyes, and this isn't my finest application or blend but you get the idea.

There you have it, let me know if you've tried either of these products or if you want to!

K|xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Made By pipdig