27 May 2012

The Mean Reds

(Image sourced from Google Images)

"You know those days when you get the mean reds?
No. The blues are because you're getting fat and maybe it's been raining too long, you're just sad that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid and you don't know what you're afraid of. Do you ever get that feeling?
Well, when I get it the only thing that does any good is to jump in a cab and go to Tiffany's. Calms me down right away. The quietness and the proud look of it; nothing very bad could happen to you there. If I could find a real-life place that'd make me feel like Tiffany's, then - then I'd buy some furniture and give the cat a name!"

Do you ever get the mean reds? I can honestly say that i do. I use that phrase coined by the charismatic Audrey Hepburn as Holly Golightly in Breakfast at Tiffany's - and if you haven't seen that film, i demand that you do. It's one of my favourites, is an easy watch and just puts you at ease.

I get it when i feel so uninspired by my surroundings - my clothes, my hair and even the big wide world. When, maybe, you can even see the light at the end of the tunnel. I resort to time by myself and some music, but even that doesn't snap me back. It can last for days, weeks and nothing feels quite right - do you know what i mean?

I'm sure we all feel like this sometimes, but it's also nice to just get it out. I hope you can all take shelter here at Legs whenever you're feeling a little blue. You can also always contact me on Twitter and now thanks to the great new addition of my iPhone, you can now also find me on Instagram at @_legseleven. I hope you all find some peace!

K|xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Made By pipdig