16 July 2016

Chanel Joues Contraste Lumière in 12 Coups de Minuit

Since starting work at John Lewis, over two years ago, i've become quite the Chanel cosmetics fiend. I've always had quite the penchant for the brand but it's honestly been just a little out of my price range but thanks to my JL discount, it made it all the more accessible. So during the past two years i've built up quite the collection of Chanel products. This one, however, I was lucky enough to be gifted for my birthday this year and frankly i'm not quite sure why it's taken so long for me to blog about.


Highlighters are my absolute favourite beauty product. If you haven't met me in person then you probably don't know that I love to layer the stuff on my cheeks and on my brow bone so that I can become some sort of glowing goddess. This one is especially good for those among you that love a slightly more subtle highlight, as it's got very little colour but plenty of shimmer.

I love that this shade is almost a skintone shade, a beautiful peachy dream, that when applied to the high points of your cheeks melts in to leave behind a gorgeous shimmery, glittery glow rather than a whole bunch of colour or intensity. This is great for those days that you want a little something-something but don't want anything too much. I do have to admit that this isn't one I reach for as often as some of my other highlighters, usually it goes between Dior's DiorSkin Nude Air Illuminating Powder in Glowing Pink & BECCA's Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter in Moonstone, because of this. Like I said before, I really do like to slap on the highlight, but when I want something a little more understated or frankly am going for some classic no-make-up-make-up then this is the perfect way to go. As far as the actual product goes, it applies like a dream and melts into the skin leaving behind no harsh lines and it takes very little blending in. It's super finely milled and works amazingly over a powder or a liquid base, but I almost always use it over a liquid foundation and it applies like a dream.


It was super hard to photograph but as you can see it's very subtle, and you can just about see the beautiful shimmer it leaves behind.

As it's Chanel, it is on the pricey side but frankly you pay for what you get. The product is beautiful, as well as the packaging, and if a subtly highlight is something you're after then I urge you to give this one a try.


K|xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Made By pipdig