15 August 2015

What's in my Travel Wash Bag?

While you're reading this, i'll be miles and miles away in sunny Florida - eek! So, appropriately, i thought i'd share some holiday related posts over the next couple of weeks, starting with my travel toiletries! Now, i will just note that there is no shampoo or shower gel here and that's because i'm sharing both with my mum, and they're both in her wash bag. So here's pretty much everything else i'll be taking, and i realise it looks like kind of a lot but this is all for two weeks plus i'll be bringing none of it home. It'll all be thrown away for the journey home as not to add to the weight, and it'll all be pretty much empty anyway. Now, without further ado here are my travel toiletries.


I feel like i've got such a good skincare routine at the moment, so despite the fact i go sans make up while on holiday and strip things down to basics i still want to take my core skincare essentials. These three products are, actually, probably just that. You can read about a lot of my current skincare favourites in this post i did about my skincare routine in April, and only a few things have changed since. My morning consists of the infamous Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish, finished off with a muslin cloth. I just love how it completely cleans my face but still allows it to feel moisturised and ready for the day. The muslin helps to get rid of any dead skin cells too, and creates a great base for make up or any further skincare. A newer addition is the Pixi Glow Tonic, which i have been loving using morning and night for the past month or so. It was the queen of skincare herself, Caroline Hirons, that got me onto acid toners in the first place after i ran to her asking questions about my god-awful, bumpy skin. So, i chose to begin with this one and have loved it ever since. It keeps the texture of my skin smooth and fresh, it doesn't make my skin feel tight or sore and it just seems to keep my skin health on top form. I wouldn't be without acid toners now and do skip between a couple, but this is definitely my staple. Next is my even cleanse, the Ren Evercalm Gentle Cleansing Gel. I've said before, and i'll say it again, i just love how it makes my skin squeaky clean without making it tight. I use this every evening with my Clarisonic and i really enjoy the results. It keeps me super clean without causing any acne or flare ups of my sensitive skin.

Forever Living Aloe Propolis Creme | Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Fragrance Free | Lanolips Antibacterial Hand Cream


Another newer addition to my routine is the Forever Living Aloe Propolis Creme, now i used to use this years and years ago. It was a product my mum got for me from someone she worked with for, who now i know must have been selling Forever Living products. She recommended it to me for my eczema and at the time it was the only product that would help with my nasty, dry, patchy skin. So when one of my friends at works started selling, and she recommended this for me and the problems i was having with the skin on my face i bought it straight away. Now i use this not only for eczema, but for all dry skin, sore skin, my face as it helps with spots and keeping me balanced and moisturised, but really it's just an all rounder. So, i'll be glad to have it with me. The Eight Hour Cream is another product i just like to have on hand because it can be used for all sorts of things. Again, dry skin, burnt skin, for feet and hands, around the eyes, cuticles - it just soothes all skin so in a harsher, hotter environment than i'm used to, i think it'll come in handy. Next, my current hand cream of choice - the Lanolips Antibacterial Hand Cream. First and foremost, i love the scent. My goodness, the clean, pine, Christmas tree scent is so lovely and it actually reminds of Florida so that's quite appropriate but really it's just an amazing hand cream. It soaks in nicely, leaving no sticky residue and in the morning my hands are soft, soothed and back on top form. For the hot weather, i thought i'd probably want hand cream more than i do in the UK so i couldn't leave home without that.


Of course i can't go anywhere without my favourite lip balm, and man i love this lip balm. It's simply so moisturising, and instantly calms my dry lips. After only a few applications the texture and dryness of my lips is better, and i love that it's in a stick. I'm really not one for sticking my finger in a pot, although i am a little worried this will melt in the Florida heat but we shall see! Not that i'm sure i'll need it, thanks to the Florida sun and plenty of Vitamin D, but i am taking two spot fighting options. My old faithfuls, the Clinique Clinical Clearing Gel and the Superdrug Tea Tree Spot Stick. The Clinique is full of active ingredients that really drys out my skin and gets rid of spots quickly, and effectively, but when over used it can leave my skin quite flaky whereas the Tea Tree is calming, works a little slower, but seems to keep things a little more hydrated. Used together, though, they are are the perfect spot fighting dream team. The other three products pictured are samples i've had put away for in-case situations, so i've decided to take them with me and just use them up. They're all moisturisers of some sort as i know that the sun can really take a toll on not only my face but my body skin too, so i have no idea about any of them but i'm hoping they'll be on hand for any extra moisturising needs i may have after a long day in the sun.


So, currently, as you can see that is actually an empty pump bottle. But when you're reading this it will actually contain my Chanel Serum - i just hadn't decanted it yet when i wanted to take the pictures for this post. In Boots, i actually found a serum pump bottle rather than a spray one which i was really happy about so it'll be perfect for my serum. The Chanel Serum is something that i bought in desperation because my skin was just so dehydrated and it's claims are 24hr hydration so i wanted to give it a go but now i'm obsessed. I'm onto my second bottle of the stuff and man, is it expensive so i must love it. It's one of those products that seems like it doesn't make a huge impact but when you don't use it you can really see the difference. It keeps the hydration levels in my skin balanced and happy, and keeps my dehydration at bay. Although you can't see, the pot contains Lush's Dream Cream which i can't be without if i have any eczema flare ups. I get it bad around my collar bone, inside my elbows and on my wrists and this instantly calms it down. It becomes less itchy and less noticeable, and it's one of the only things that helps with my eczema - even prescription medication didn't work as well as Dream Cream, so i can't be without it. My lip balm of choice - the Lanolips Lemon Aid - which really just keeps my dry lips at bay but i'm not actually sure if i'm going to take this or the Papaya Gold Paw Paw Moisturising Balm because i'm loving that at the moment and it's great for all dry skin, (Can you tell i love multi-tasking products!?) I'm also taking a mini tub of my favourite eye cream which is super hydrating and will be great at night after my eyes have been dried in the sun all day. It keeps my eyes from becoming sore and dry, which they can do if i'm not careful so sticking with something i love. I'm also taking some blotting sheets, these Kleenex ones are my current go-tos, as throughout the day i know i'll get oily and sometimes it's just nice to have something to help. I won't be wearing make up, so that won't be a probably, but i don't want to keep rubbing my face because all the bacteria can cause acne to become worse so this will just be an easy solution for removing sweat and oil from my face.


Last, i've got some simple essentials, that you really can't go away without - well, i can't anyway. My favourite antibacterial hand gel which actually i've stopped buying because it's quite expensive and i've found cheaper ones for my hand bag, but as i'm going away i thought i'd treat myself and this is still my favourite. It smells delicious and is actually fairly moisturising for antibac. Some hairbands, of course, i live with my hair up on holibobs because it's so darn warm! Deodorant, of course, and some hand wipes just to keep in my bag for any ice cream emergencies.

And there you have it, most of my holiday toiletries. What are your essentials for taking on holiday?

K|xo

1 comment:

  1. The visitors explore the unique architecture of the touristic place . It is the famous hill station that filled with the beautiful things. It is nice to spend time.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Made By pipdig