27 June 2015

My Second Cleanse: Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel


I have always known about her, and her blog, but over the past six months especially i have been reading Caroline Hirons' blog religiously. She posts about everything from face masks to serums and product ingredients. She has plenty of years in the biz and really knows her stuff, so when she says something is good i tend to believe her. Something she also does really well on the blog is teaching tips about how you should be applying things, when you should be applying things and cheats sheets for every skin type imaginable. 

Well, it wasn't until i read her blog that i really new anything about second cleansing, and had never really given it a second thought. However, when i did think about it it kinda does make sense. So, i use the REN Evercalm Gentle Cleansing Gel after i've taken off my make up with either the Clinique Take the Day Off Balm or the Simple Make Up Wipes (Eek!) to thoroughly clean my skin but never really thought about using a cleanser to treat my skin or further cleanse. When using my REN, really it's probably just removing extra dirt but if you use a second cleanser you're actually getting a chance to treat completely clean skin for anything from acne prone to dull skin.

Anyway, she recommend this, the Oskia London Renaissance Cleansing Gel - Illuminating Vitamin Facial Cleanser with Vitamins A, C & E, Omega 6, Pumpkin Enzymes, Chamomile and Rose. It contains plenty of natural ingredients to "help strengthen and revitalise skin whilst eliminating every last speck of residual everyday grime". You can use this to remove make up but, as Caroline says, it's far to luxurious to use just to remove your make up. This leaves my skin feel ultra clean without feeling dry or tight, and my face always feels so soothed. Not only do my acne breakouts half in size but the general look and feel of my skin smooths and clears out.

When applied the light, pink gel melts into almost an oil and is easy to work into the skin. You don't need very much to do your whole face, and i personally love to work it into the skin and then massage my face with my knuckles and fingers - funnily enough another Hirons tip. I just love how it makes my skin feel, and i can see an almost immediate difference after using this - i would highly recommend this, and if not this then give second cleansing a go.

The Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel can be bought on Cult Beauty for £28, a little pricey but well worth a try.


K|xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Made By pipdig