5 February 2014

The Lipstick Tag

Since i've recently found my love for lipsticks, i thought i'd do The Lipstick Tag to get myself back into blogging! I saw this on the lovely Jennie's blog a while back and put it in my little notepad to remind me to do it.


How many Lipsticks do you own?

I really don't own all that many but it seems to be growing. Lipsticks are the product that i'm always swatching and browsing in the drugstore, and when i'm travelling, i love testing them out and finding fun new colours. I probably own about 25 - 30 (and growing!).


Natural Collection Lipstick in Rosebud
What was the first lipstick you owned?

I really can't be sure about this one, and i'm pretty sure i don't own it anymore but i can remember the first lipstick i bought when i started blogging and buying on other blog recommendations and that would be this one. When i started blogging everybody raved about how good the Natural Collection lipsticks were for the price, and as i didn't have much money to spend i thought i'd try them for myself and Rosebud was the one that everyone loved and i did too.



YSL Rouge Volupte Shine in 19 Fuchsia in Rage, YSL Rouge Volupte Caress Pink, Revlon Colourburst Lip Butter in Raspberry Pie & Revlon Colourburst Lip Butter in Wild Watermelon
What is your favourite lipstick brand?

That's a tough one because i'm constantly trying new things out and there are actually so many that i love, but it'd probably be between YSL and Revlon. One high end, one drugstore. YSL is a new one for me, and has only been in my life since August but goodness have i fallen in love. The quality is amazing, they glide on like a dream and as for the packaging - don't get me started. Revlon has been in my life for a few years now and ever since the Revlon Lip Butters were released they became my go-to lip product. I love the colour range and the quality, for the drugstore, is amazing.


Revlon Colourburst Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie
What is your most worn lipstick?

Going off of the last question, my more worn lipstick not necessarily just lately but for a long time has been the Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie. It's a real beauty, and it is a kind of my-lips-but-better colour but a little darker, but nothing too out there. It's a lovely everyday colour but can also be dressed up for the evening. It's the one that i really started with as it's nothing too much but it does give a plain everyday look a little something else.


MAC Cockney & MAC Plumful
What is your favourite finish?

I have to admit that i'm not particularly bothered by exact finish but it has to be glossy. I never, ever pick up a matte as they just freak me out and i don't have the best looking lips and mattes just don't do well on dry lips. So, i love a real glossy finish to my lip products. When it comes to MAC, i tend to go for a Lustre, maybe sometimes a Satin but i tend to stray away from Matte and Cremesheen.


Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Grandest Grape
What was the last lipstick that you bought?

The last lipstick i bought was actually the Clinique Chubby Stick Pencil in Grandest Grape as i've been considering buying this for so long. For Christmas i was lucky enough to receive some Boots vouchers and i thought what better excuse to buy it then when you have vouchers. It's such a beautiful pink/purple toned berry colour, and it's a little out of my comfort zone and i wanted to try something new. They're so easy to apply because of the pencil tip as well as the creamy formula, and they last well too.


Burt's Bees Beeswax Lipbalm, Revlon Colourburst Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie & Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Grandest Grape
How many lip products do you currently have in your bag?

I'm not one of these people that carries a tonne of lip products in their bag but these are the three i have at the moment. I don't go anywhere without a Burt's Bees lip balm. They're the only lip balm i've ever used that actually helps combat my awful, dry lips. It's deliciously minty and i love that it tingles too. Berry Smoothie is never too far away, and even if i'm not wearing it i like to have it in case i want to add a swipe midday. The Chubby Stick is in there because it's new and i haven't even had a chance to wear it yet so i thought that if it was in my bag i'd wear it, but in actual fact i just keep forgetting it's there so i should probably take it out!


MAC Cockney, L'Oreal Colour Riche in 179 Cherry Tulle & Revlon Colourburst Lip Butter in Wild Watermelon
What is your favourite red lipstick?

I have to admit that until the Christmas period, i really had no interest in red lips. I don't know what it was, maybe the festive atmosphere, but it gave the inspiration to go a little wild and try red. Since the beginning of last Summer i have really enjoyed using the Revlon Lip Butter in Wild Watermelon as it can be sheer or built up, and it's almost a there but not there red. When i wear i don't feel like it's too bright or too out there, despite how it looks in the bullet. L'Oreal's Cherry Tulle is one i bought home with me from America last Summer. It's actually very sheer, but i quite like that because it's a slightly deeper toned red. Again, it's something i don't have to feel too brave wearing and i can wear day to day. MAC's Cockney is actually brand new to me and i've only worn it once. Christmas made me realise that i haven't actually got a true red, and after talking to a MAC make up artist we decided that this red suited my skintone best. I have to admit the glitter in the bullet does scare me a little but on the lips it does look exactly what i wanted, a bright, true red.


Acrylic Drawer Storage from B&Q
How do you store your lipsticks?

After getting the bug from watching a hundred, million youtube videos and seeing blog post after blog post i decided to get myself some acrylic storage and i'm so glad i did. They're so versatile, i can switch things around when i want to and there's plenty of room for my make up collection. Have these four three drawer units never allows me to have too much. It shows me what i have, and what i like to use and if my collection ever grows i can just add another set. I have to admit they weren't the cheapest but they were easy to get from a local B&Q and i could take them home straight away.

Which lipsticks are you currently lusting after?

I have to admit that i haven't had much time to be thinking about it but off the top of my head i wouldn't mind owning YSL Rouge Volupte Shine in Rouge in Danger or MAC's Rebel. Rebel scares me because it's pretty dark and pretty bright, but i'd love to give it ago especially when the weather gets a bit nicer. If it's nicer weather i tend to be a little braver! Now my heart is with YSL i want all the shades that suit me and i was actually so close to buying Rouge in Danger but the price was a lot to handle, but it's a seriously beautiful colour.

Which shades are you lusting over?


K|xo

1 comment:

  1. I love this tag and I loved reading your answers! I really like glossy finishes too <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Made By pipdig