21 April 2011

The Heat (Of Summer Sunshine)

So, i've spent the majority of this week playing with the cutest baby alive, relaxing with the Mr, laughing & planning with friends or out with the Mother. Little FMP work has happened, except for getting bookwork up-to-date and attempting my essay (which is still looking a little dilapidated). I have got a lot done, but the next month is going to full on - which i'm kinda looking forward to - but i'm also very excited for a super long summer.

Since we've been having such beautiful weather, i spent the beginning of the week at the Mr's and spent some time with his beautiful year old niece, writing an essay in the sunshine, baking and general relaxing. It's all gone by so quickly, i've been really lacking in outfit posts, but here are some snippets from my outfit for essay writing in the garden:


Top: Primark / Necklace: Claire's Accessories / Shorts: New Look / Cardigan: H&M / Sunglasses: Vintage

This gorgeous mustard yellow top has done me so proud since i bought it a couple of weeks ago! I've dressed it up, down, with leggings and shorts & skirts - it's literally been a life saver! Gorgeous colour, dipped hem and super floaty. As have the shorts, actually! They're super comfy and have a lovely vintage look to them, they're also such a nice denim which is often hard to find in denim shorts. The cardigan was a London Oxford Street purchase, and it's my new favourite wardrobe addition. The sleeve length is a little disappointing, as being a taller lady i tend have a little longer arms and the arms in said cardigan would be rather short for average height. However, with such beautiful weather it has been perfect for rolling the sleeve up. However, the colour and the print are super lovely!

My gorgeous summer day was spent with this view:


But when i got bored of struggling through my essay, i did this:


& decided to decorate the Mr's mac with it!

I hadn't made a daisy chain since choosing who would be your school wedding bridesmaid was the most important thing on your mind. It was nice to just sit in the sun and string some daisies together!

I've been having a lovely week, as i hope you have! Today i visited a local haven - St. Neots Cath Kidston Factory Shop. It was literally like dying and going to heaven! As already have an abundance of her beautiful bags, it was my sole mission to adorn the rest of my life with her beautiful print! They deserve a post of their own so i'll show you all my finds next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Made By pipdig