14 November 2015

#PrayforParis #Parisisaboutlife #VivelaFrance

Memories from my own trips to Paris

It really has taken me all day to process the tragic events that were carried out last night, in the beautiful city of Paris. I'm still not really sure how to put into words how vile, upsetting and haunting this situation really is. A lot of things seem untouchable, to me, not real almost, things you see in the news, events in far off lands but this seems very close to home. France have really had a difficult year, but it's people have shown these vile creatures, and the world, that they are strong. They are brave.

In times like these, peoples opinions run wild. You just have to log into Twitter to see racist, hatred remarks about not only the Paris attackers but about our own people. It is times like these we stand together. We show solidarity.

I remembered this morning, after it posted, about my weekly Satutday blog post going up. The way i store my makeup seemed trivial, and i thought about taking it down but that is what they want. They want us to stop, bow our knees and beg mercy. We need to show them that we are not afraid, even if we are because i know that if i really think about it, it makes me afraid. We need to stand together, if not for ourselves, for the people who have so sadly lost their lives not only in Paris, but all across the globe. The Paris attacks have just highlighted the brutality in this world.

I know that Charlie Hebdo cartoonist Joann Sfar asks us not to use the hashtag PrayforParis, but for many i know that it's a comfort. It shows that we are there with the Parisians, every step of the way, and that they are in our thoughts. However, the hashtag she launched, ParisIsAboutLife, is one of beauty, it lifts us and shows us the beauty and what Paris is really all about. Look it up, if you haven't already.

I'm not really sure where i was going in this post, i just let the words come but i do know that my thoughts, my heart, my prayers are with anyone effected by any terrible, senseless events. Whether you've lost ones you love or your country is under threat, know that we are with you. Tell someone you love them, and keep your loved ones close. These terrible things can happen anywhere. Live every day to its fullest.

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr

#PrayforParis #ParisIsAboutLife #VivelaFrance

K|xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Made By pipdig