4 November 2015

My Current Haircare Routine


I haven't always been all that bothered about my hair. It used to just be shower, shampoo and only sometimes conditioner for me. However, over the last couple of years i've given much more thought into my haircare routine and this is what i'm currently using.

I love Aussie products, and over the years i have used all sorts of their products. Currently, i'm loving the Colour Mate Shampoo and the Miracle Hair Insurance. I actually much prefer the Colour Mate version of the Hair Insurance, but they're quite hard to track down so i do use the original when i can't get my hands on it. The Colour Mate range keeps my hair clean and shiny, plus it really takes care of my shade of blonde. You don't need very much of the shampoo, as it lathers a lot and i like to wash my hair twice, to keep it thoroughly cleaned as i tend to get oily roots. I also really love the leave-in conditioner, as it's not at all heavy and you can spray as much into your hair without it being weighed down. It's amazing at detangling my fine, knotty hair and keeping the lengths to ends conditioned, hydrated and super soft.

I always keep the Lee Stafford Bleach Blondes Shampoo in my shower, however i don't need to use it quite as much as i used to. When i had a full head of bleach, this was the best thing to keep it toned, shiny and not at all brassy. Now, it just keeps the tone fairly neutral, and not too yellow and it also makes your hair super shiny and soft, which is always a plus. The other Lee Stafford product i use is the Growth Treatment, otherwise known as 'For Hair that Never Grows past a certain Length'. People totally rave about this product, and it took a long time for me to test it out as it's fairly expensive to purchase but is also often on offer. However, that is my hair down to a tee; i have forever felt like my hair gets to just past my shoulders and just stops. You massage this in from your roots to your ends, leave it for five minutes and then rinse out. You're supposed to use it far more often then i do, but i don't always have the time apply it and leave it. However, from the few times that i have used it, i can say that i've noticed a small difference and frankly any difference is great in my eyes. Maybe if i used it more often, i would see even more of a change.

Mark Hill is another brand that i really enjoy using, and again i use two products. First is the Heat Protection spray, and i seriously love everything about this. For starters you can use this on dry or wet hair, and you would be surprised at how difficult it is to find heat protection you can use on dry hair. I tend to always shower in the evening, but straighten my hair in the morning so i need a protection i can use on my dry, morning hair. Secondly, it doesn't matter how liberally you spray this on, you cannot spray too much on. It doesn't make your hair even the slightest bit greasy and really does protect against any heat you want to use, for me it's mainly straighteners. The Magic Drops are a serum i use on my dry, post-styled hair to keep the fly-aways at bay and the ends of my hair frizz-free. Again, this doesn't at all make my hair greasy and it really does help with conditioning my hair, and keeping my styles sleek.

My favourite conditioning product is the L'Oreal Ever Riche Mask Pot. I use this maybe once a week, or as and when i need it. If i know i'm going to wear my hair down, or for a special occasion the next day then i apply this in the shower the night before. It's so, so hydrating and makes all split ends or ratty ends disappear. I can't use this too far up my lengths, as my oily hair doesn't like it but the ends can't get enough. I leave it in for five minutes and afterwards all knots are gone, as is my dry, damaged, processed hair.

Last is the Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum, and that name is what drew me in in the first place. This is amazing at actually repairing my split ends, as i use this on wet hair, after my spray conditioner. All i can say is that my hairdresser noticed a visible difference in the condition of my ends between haircuts and that is unheard of.

And that, my friends, is my haircare routine. Please feel free to share with me your favourite hair products, for styling or for care.

K|xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Made By pipdig