7 July 2014

Yes to Tomatoes Clearing Face Mask


Yes to Tomatoes Clearing Face Mask

I have been going through a pretty turbulent time with my skin lately, and i'm always on the look out for new products to try to tame my oily, acne-prone, combination skin.

While browsing the aisles of Boots, one day, i came across the new 'Yes to' brand that before now, i only knew to be available in the States. I had heard American Youtuber upon Youtuber talk about Yes to Carrots, Yes to Blueberries and so on. But it wasn't until i saw the brand in Boots, that i knew we could purchase it here. I was a little disappointed when i saw that the line directed at my skin type was Yes to... Tomatoes. Not so enticing, when the other lines available in included Yes to Grapefruit, Blueberries and Cucumber. However, i decided to try out the mask as i really enjoy clay type masks and there must be something good about these tomatoes.

The Yes to Tomatoes Clearing Facial Mask for combination skin comes in a little, 50ml white tub with a screw lid and does come with a foil seal too. It looks like any other clay based face mask that i've tried before, but when applying i did find that the consistency was slightly different. I found the formula to be a lot thicker, and dryer than what i had experienced before. When trying to apply it over my face, i found it hard to smooth over my skin but i did find it easy to get a thin layer - which it does ask for. Many other masks i have tried before are very creamy, so end up being smeared in a thick coating all over my face. However, once applied it was fine and looked like any other mask. It also has a really nice, fresh scent too.

It asks to be left on for only five minutes, which i did, and then i cleaned it off with a warm, damp flannel like i would any other mask. It seemed to dry very quickly, and wasn't at all sticky afterwards. It was smooth and silky to the touch, which was a pleasant change from some of the messy, sticky masks i've used in the past. Another pleasant surprise was how easy it was to remove; with the warm, damp flannel i gently wiped away the product and it came very easily. There was no need for scrubbing or tugging, and left my face feeling fresh and not sore.

Afterwards, i found my skin to be a little tight but i haven't found a clay mask yet that doesn't leave some tightness to the skin and it wasn't irritating or sore, just clean feeling. My skin felt overall very clean, fresh and soothed. I noticed that blemishes and breakouts that, before, had been red and irritated were smaller, and less noticeable which is really impressive for a mask. My skin looked clearer and i really enjoyed the experience this mask gave.

It is a little pricey at £11.99 from Boots but i feel like it's definitely worth the price, especially as you need so little product for your face.

K|xo

All products mentioned were purchased with my own money and all views are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Made By pipdig