21 May 2014

Essie Nail Polish in Naughty Nautical



So, i was going through my nail polish collection and had a bit of a tidy up. I threw away a lot of very old colours and a couple that i just wasn't going to use, and one that was looking a bit worse for wear was a Models Own turquoise shade. I had never really been that into it, but when i found it at the bottom of my pile i was a little sad that it was gloopy and unusable so i made it my mission to find myself a new turquoise shade.

I have been loving Essie lately so i made that my first port of call. I've actually heard a lot about Essie's Turquiose and Caicos and lots of bloggers seem to talk about it, but when i actually got to see in Boots it looked a little too mint green for what i wanted. Next door to that shade was this colour, and it was much more up my street. Naughty Nautical is a kind of turquoise/teal mix and it's a beautiful bright, bold shade rather than a pastel tone which doesn't always suit my skintone. It was beautiful to apply, as usual Essie polishes are, but after it'd dried i wasn't sure if it really suited me. I wore it for about a week, and it did grow on me but i'm wondering whether i'll prefer it when the weather is a little nicer, my skin has a little colour (as much colour as my ghostly skin can get!) and when the Summer months are upon us. However, it is a beautiful colour and it was exactly what i was looking for.

You can always count on Essie to produce a beautiful colour and beautiful polish.


K|xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Made By pipdig