6 July 2011

Style Ideas #2

I spend a lot of my Internet surfing time browsing stock online; Topshop, New Look, Zara, H&M, etc Not necessarily to buy but just to see what catches my eye and what's around at the moment. I really enjoyed putting together the 'outfits' in this post, so i thought i'd try and make it weekly? Or at least fortnightly.. and Voila! Style Ideas is born. I love to see what other bloggers put together, so i thought it'd be cool to put my own ideas together and seeing as my budget is a little slim at the moment, this way i can try out lots of ideas and see how colours and styles work together!

Bright Red Jersey Maxi Dress: Topshop / Lyric Red Seventies Twist Front Cork Platform Heels: Topshop / Tan Leather Fringed Cross Body Bag: Topshop / Gold Mesh Plait Wait Belt: River Island / Dotty Wire Headscarf: New Look

I am desperately trying to find myself an acceptably priced maxi dress or skirt, however i need it to be tall! I'd like something brightly coloured, like this Topshop version but maybe patterned? Or not? Oh, i don't know what i want! I just love the boho, hippy, summer look they seem to exude - cork heels and fringing seems to just work. I actually really like how Little House on the Prairie this outfit feels! The headscarf and fringing keep it very country bumpkin, but in the most fashionable way possible! I'd love to wear this sort of style at a festival, swamping the heels for some wellies and tying my skirt in a knot up my leg to keep it as much off the ground (and out of the mud if this years Glastonbury was anything to go by!) as possible.

Jade Dungaree Skort: Miss Selfridge / Navy Bird Print Bandeau Top: Dorothy Perkins / Hammock Orange Jelly Sandals: Topshop / Plain Tie Headscarf: New Look

I adore this Miss Selfridge skort! The colour is so beautiful and perfect if you wanted to use it for the colour blocking trend, it'd work really well. I love that it's such a cool mix between being a dress and a playsuit, it looks ever so comfy but also keeps you feeling stylish! I wanted to cut up the colour block by adding a patterned top underneath, and i love the sweet bird print - the colours work perfectly all together. Taking the orange from the top, these shoes are such a summer staple! Jelly sandals are definitely not just for 7 year olds! Adding a head tie just completes that laid back summer feel, and this orange colour brings the outfit together.

Aztec Printed Legging: Topshop / Blue Silk Frill Blouse By Boutique: Topshop / Tan Straw Saddle Satchel: Dorothy Perkins / Stacked Peep Toe Court: New Look

This laid back chic outfit is something i would love to be able to pull off but i'm not so sure i could! The leggings are super gorgeous, but i could never wear them as they rarely do such beautiful leggings in Tall ranges! Using the colours from the leggings makes this outfit futuristic as the pattern is really out there. I love the shape and style of the silk blue top, it's gorgeous and floaty and could be dressed up or down. With the leggings it makes for the perfect day to night outfit - i could imagine myself strutting through Cambridge in this little number. The straw satchel and the wooden heeled shoes, keep it funky and current. There's just something about this number that really works.

Black Ballet Skirt: Miss Selfridge / Coral Bandeau Bodysuit: Miss Selfridge / Petites PU Contrast Blazer: Miss Selfridge / Patent Belt: New Look / Bow Heeled Sandals: New Look

I love the mix of girly and edgy in this look, the ballet skirt mixed with the corals and pinks keeps it girly but the chunky heel, black lapels and bandeau style body keep this mixed up and a little different. I am really loving all the oranges, corals, pinks and red at the moment which i guess are really autumnal colours but i think they can carry you all the way from Spring to Autumn. It's such a shame that the jacket is a petites exclusive because it's such a classic style and would suit so many women! I love the mixture of textures in this outfit, the body has an interesting raised swirly pattern, with the suede style shoes and the floaty net skirt is a really interesting mix.

I wore this little number for attending a BBQ on Sunday evening, i love how versatile these shorts are! They can be dressed up or down and paired with so many different colours! I've wanted to pair the with this black boobtube for ages, and just never got around to it. I love how it seems to give them a different feel to wearing a run of the mill vest top, i felt a little more summery! This is the apricot cardigan i spoke about buying in this post and it's barely left my shoulders since! It literally goes with everything and is the comfiest thing i own at the moment, that actually keeps me looking stylish as well as comfortable, result!

Shorts: Topshop / Boobtube: New Look / Cardigan: Topshop / Necklaces: Miss Selfridge & Claire's / Tights: New Look

& Yes! I finally took the plunge and went red! I am over the moon with the result and have wanted this colour since the beginning (but was frankly terrified from going bleach blonde to this!) It makes me feel like the little mermaid, which is never a bad result!


What pieces are you eyeing up this month and any opinions on the new barnet!?

1 comment:

  1. Your hair looks lovely Kat! I am naturally a brunette but often wish I was brave enough to go for a different colour. I love the red and I love Ariel too hehehe :)

    The fringed bag from Topshop is so lovely, I would be tempted to try and create my own version though xxx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Made By pipdig