30 December 2013

Christmas Kisses


I am forever buying beautiful, bright lipsticks but when it comes down to it i either bottle it or simply forget to apply before leaving the house. Now, i don't know what came over me this Christmas; whether watching all those beauty gurus on Youtube has finally gotten to me or what, but i have been adoring the bright lip colours and i thought i'd share with you what i've been loving over the festive season.


Revlon Lip Butter in Raspberry Pie | I am usually not your typical pink kind of gal, but after seeing this shade on Tanya Burr i decided to give it a go. I already had it in my collection, but wasn't brave enough to wear it and i i finally decided to go for it. It's a really bright, hot pink shade that seems perfect for the Winter season as it's a fairly deep colour. I love the way it looks with my skin, and for my everyday make up look which just consists of concealer and mascara it's perfect to jazz it up.


Revlon Lip Butter in Wild Watermelon | I have to admit that i'm a little afraid of branching out into reds, so this is about as close to red as i'll get. I don't know what it is, but smudging it across my face scares me as well as finding the right shade of red for me. So, this is where i've landed when i comes to red. It's fairly sheer when it comes to the red scale, but it can be built up and it's edging on the pink side of red, and not true. I really like it on my skintone though, and i think it's really festive.


Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie | This is the one shade that i've had for a long time, and have actually loved for a long time too. I wore this a lot last Winter too, and it's come back out for another season. This is what i would call a good 'your lips but better' colour that everyone seems to talk about, except slightly darker which makes it perfect for Winter. I love this shade because i think it really works with my skintone, and i love it for this season.


YSL Rouge Volupte Shine in 19 Fuchsia in Rage | (Clearly, i can't spell Fuchsia in the above picture!) I picked this up this Summer while i was Florida, and i honestly half bought it because i thought it was beautiful but wasn't sure if i'd ever actually wear it (Awful, i know) but i this season i've gotten braver and decided to give some bright lips a go. This is a beautiful bright, bold purple colour and if you just apply one layer than it looks like a plum pink shade but if you build it up it turns into a beautiful bright purple. This is what i've been wearing most of all and i love it!


Korres Mandarin Lip Butter | I got this most recently and i love formula and the colour. It's beautifully moisturising and feels really lovely on the lips, but in turn has amazing pigmentation and looks like a nice orangey red shade. My one gripe is that because it's technically a lip balm, the colour rubs off quickly and it means for lots of reapplication but i love the colour and the feel, so i work through it. This would look great on lots if different skintones as it's fairly sheer and just adds a touch of colour.



Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick in Raplumzel | This is a fairly new shade to me as i've been umming and ahhing over whether to buy one of the Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Sticks but none of the colours were quite what i wanted and i didn't like the pigmentation. So when i was in Boots a few weeks ago, i went to um and ah again over a particular shade i was considering and found this. I swatched it on my hand and fell in love, and it was in my basket quick as a flash. Again, it's a nice glossy sheer shade but it looks beautiful on, applies amazingly and really adds a nice pop of deep colour for the Winter.


L'Oreal Colour Riche in 179 Cherry Tulle | This is another one i picked up this Summer and i instantly loved it. The shade is beautiful, and another branch into the red tones. It's a beautiful dark red tone, but the great thing is it's fairly sheer on first application but it's easy to build up and creates a beautiful deep red shade. I think this also works nicely on my pale skintone, and perfect for Christmas!

I'd love some new suggestions of bright lippys!


K|xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Made By pipdig