24 April 2013

Beauty Haul #01


I've always been a make up fan but since blogging i've become far more intertwined in beauty community. I'm always on the look out for what other bloggers are loving or keeping an eye out for myself, in the drugstore, for new releases. So, while i was at home i took a little time out and did some shopping.



Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer | I've been looking at the Healthy Mix Foundation for a while, but i'm not really a foundation kinda gal so i thought i'd give the concealer a go. I really like this product, the consistency is creamy and it applies well. It has good coverage however it's not what i'm used to on my oily/combination skin. I would say it's definitely more suited for drier skins, i much prefer a more matte looking concealer but on the whole this is a lovely concealer.



Vivo Eyeliner in Medium Brown | This is really nice eyeliner, it applies really smoothly and it's quite a soft consistency. I would say it's more of a light brown than a medium, but it can be built up. The pigment is amazing but it is a lovely looking colour. I love the addition of the smudger on the other end, it's great for smudging out the colour but the more you smudge the less the colour does show up. It's great for using with other eyeliners too, so a nice product overall.


Seventeen Stay Time Concealer | This is the new baby sister to my usual concealer of choice. My usual Seventeen Hide Away concealer just isn't great for my oily/combination skin; the formulation is nice but it just didn't stick around all day. This is where Stay Time comes in, it's practically the same concealer but my goodness does it stay where i want it to. I'm much happier with this colour match too, even though i use fair in both, this just seems to be that much less orange toned.


Collection 2000 Cream Puff Lip Cream in Cotton Candy | I've been wanting to try these for a long time, but have never found this colour in the drugstore before. Out of the three colours that were on offer to me, this most suited my skin tone. I love the mauve, dusty rose kind of pink and the consistency is super creamy. It applies really nicely but it does seem to be a little drying. I would say it has an almost matte finish so wouldn't advise it for people with dry lips, it does cling to any broken skin.


Seventeen Mirror Shine Lipstick in Roasted Red | I love red lipstick but have just never found one that i'm confident enough to rock. I'm much more of a lip butters and balm kind of gal than your full on pigmented lip colour. I've used a few of the Mirror Shine lipsticks before and loved the formulation as they're very glossy and not drying in the slightest, so since they've repackaged them i thought i'd pick up one of the new colours. This is a gorgeous true, Hollywood red and it's beautiful. It applies beautifully and although it's not thick with colour it's also not drying or too opaque, it's just gorgeous. I highly recommend these lipsticks, they're some of my favourite.


Natural Collection Eye Liner in Soft Brown | This is another brown eyeliner i've been testing, as i'm trying to find one that i love for Summer. This one is a little harder in formulation but still buttery smooth and glides on the eye with little to no tugging. It's darker in colour than the Vivo liner which i do like and it definitely sticks around, it's not waterproof but it certainly lasts.

So, there are my new picks. What are you loving at the moment?

K|xo

1 comment:

Blogger Template Made By pipdig