30 January 2016

My 2016 Memory Jar


I meant to get around to writing this post before now but, you know, life gets in the way and all that so at least i'm getting it up before the end of January... just. I've always wanted to do this but just never done it, so this year i decided why not? I'm starting myself a 2016 jar, which is going to be somewhat of a memory jar, i think. Anything exciting i do this year or memories i want to keep, memorabilia etc will be housed here. I've seen a lot of people do this and end up with a really cool keepsake at the end so i thought seeing as i'm hoping to be moving into my own house soon, and by soon i mean in the next couple of years, i thought this would be something i could keep and put in my new house to remind myself of this year. There is always that fear that i live a really unexciting life so i will have nothing to put in it but if that's the case then so be it and i'll just keep it until i fill it up.


So far it's housing some glitter, which i added to ring in the new year and to signify the celebration of the new year and if you look very closely there is also two pennies. I found one on the floor in the Tesco car park in December 2015 and the other on the footpath in Cambridge in January 2016 so i'm keeping them as my lucky pennies to start my jar of with some positivity. 

We'll see how this goes but i just like the idea, and maybe i'll revisit it at the end of the year and see how i got on?

K|xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Made By pipdig