4 April 2013

What's on my Face?


I'm back again with what's on my face! I've seen these types of videos on youtube, and they've floated into the blogasphere, so i thought i'd jump on the bandwagon.

What i use every day is pretty simple, and there isn't much to it but i'm considering bumping up my skin make up because of some serious bad skin at the moment.


Good Things Miracle Mattifier Moisturiser | This is my holy grail moisturiser. I apply this every day before i apply my make up; i wait a few minutes between applying this and putting on my make up. It totally mattifies my skin, leaving a great base. I have oily/combination skin and this is just perfect for my skin type, i've got a new Nivea mattifying moisturiser to try in the pipeline, but it's got to be mind blowing for me to love it more than this.


Collection 2000 Extreme Coloured Length Mascara in Black | This mascara is used only on my bottom lashes. As you'll see in a minute, i love a fat wand for my upper eyelashes and that doesn't translate well for the bottom. It smudges under my eyes and i can't catch all the dinky lashes with such a large wand. So, i wasn't going to fork out for a tiny brushed bottom lash mascara, like Clinique's, and i'm not asking for much - just to make them darker and not clumpy, and this does exactly that. What more can i say, it does the job and it's really inexpensive. 


Garnier Caffeine Anti-Dark Circles 2-in-1 Roll on in 01 Extra Fair | After i've applied my moisturiser, and let that settle in, this is my next step. I apply this under my eyes, under my concealer, to try and brighten my under eye area. I'm plagued with dark circle, no matter how much sleep i get - although i'm a notoriously bad sleeper. It's a lovely, creamy consistency and blends in really well. I'm currently using 01 Extra Fair but i've got 02 Fair ready to use, as my back up, because i think that'll be a better match for me. This is really, really fair and although it brightens because it's so light it's also quite sheer, so i think Fair will be closer to my skin colour and should give a little better coverage.


Seventeen Hide Away Concealer Cream in Fair | This is currently what i use as my base make up. I don't use foundation, unless for a special occasion or i want more coverage - and in that instance i use the Bourjois Healthy Mix or Healthy Mix Serum Foundation that every blogger and their cat raves about. I'm considering adding that into my everyday routine as this concealer just doesn't give me enough coverage, or lasting power, to cover my bouts of bad skin which are frequent. I've actually just tried the new Seventeen concealer call Stay Time and i much prefer it to this. The colour match is better and it has much better staying power than this one, so i'd probably recommend that more. Both have a lovely, creamy consistency but the Hide Away stays quite wet, and dewy whereas the Stay Time dries probably a little more matte and stays on the skin a lot better.


Soap & Glory Thick and Fast Mascara in Superjet Black | This is my baby, my holy grail mascara. I could not be without this mascara, it does wonders for my lashes. I used to be addicted to the Benefit Bad Gal Mascara but as the price slowly creeped up and is now nearly £18, i just cannot justify it. This, my friends, is almost an exact dupe for that mascara. It does exactly the same thing for my lashes and the wands look almost identical. It creates volume, and lift, as well as length and there are no clumps. The ideal mascara, if you ask me. Now, it's still pricey at £10 but it's definitely a more affordable habit than benefit, that's for sure.


Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm | This is the only thing that can combat, and heal, my dry, cracked, Winter lips. It's so soothing and creates that tingly sensation when you apply it, which i really like. It's minty so really refreshing, and i honestly cannot praise it enough.


Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Pink Blossom and Rose | Now, because i love the original Burt's Bees Lip Balm so much my mum bought me these for Christmas and i fell in love. When i want a little bit of colour these are the perfect splash. Sometimes i think my lips can look kind of dead because they're very similar colour to my skin tone, so these just help combat that. They're both really subtle and just add a wash of colour, but they still have all the great moisturising properties of the original balm. Perfect.



Boots Eyelash Curler | I'm not at all fussy about what kind, brand or sort of eyelash curler that i have, but curling my lashes is a must every day and it just adds that pop with my Soap & Glory mascara. I'd honestly recommend giving curling a go if you're looking for something more from your lashes, go on give it a go.

So, that's what's on your face - what's on yours?


K|xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Made By pipdig